ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (190/235) > >>

superboyac:
The two timers are to help consultants who get paid on an hourly basis. Often, such an individual works on a main project and is interrupted by phone calls and must work on something else and later on return. The two timers are easy to turn-on and off. If you put the computer in pause (i.e. lunch), they stop counting.

There is no link between the counters and any fields, it is the responsibility of the user to enter the timed value in the proper project, etc. If you have any idea of how it could be used, do not hesitate to propose!

Related to this issue, the phone dialer is in need of major improvements, one of these is logged calls with duration (à la Ecco)
-PPLandry (July 16, 2008, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh yeah!  That's another feature I'm eagerly waiting for, the phone dialer.  I want to transfer all of my contact info into SN.  When you're ready to work on it, let me know.  I have some good suggestions for the dialer.

PPLandry:
The phone dialer is already there (CTRL-T) to activate.

1- Finds all numbers in the item and in parent items (enter only company number, not one for each employee, same for family members, etc).
2-Uses TAPI dialing rules, so easily adjusts between home and office.
2-Customizable phone number recognition through regexp.

You knew that right?

superboyac:
Well, sort of.  I knew dialing was already there, but I haven't tried it yet!  I'll have to do it at home, because my phone at work isn't connected to the computer.

superboyac:
It seems that I ran into some data disappearing problems again:
Yesterday, I added a few items to my "Evernote" grid (where I keep random notes).  Nothing major, just a list of software I use with Autocad.  I had short descriptions in the html pane.  I come back this morning, and all of those items are gone.  I also had some work-related items in another grid I added yesterday, and those are still there.  Does this happen to anybody else?  Between my past experiences with the HTML pane and things like this, I get a little nervous.  Is there anything I can do before exiting the program that sort of ensures me that the changes are being saved?  I still think it's important to have a more sophisticated backup settings (like the one I posted here earlier for mylife organized).
I think part of the reason why I seem to be the only one experiencing this is because I'm using this program actively while most of the other users are just testing it out.  I'm actually doing work in this program on a daily basis, I'm not just trying out new features once in a while or experimenting with it while I do my real work in other programs.  Anybody else here that relies on the program daily?

The worst part of all this is that I come in the morning, open up SQLNotes, and I don't see some of the items I added yesterday.  So I'm wondering if I even put them in, or maybe I was planning to but never did.  You see, it's making me doubt myself, which is the most difficult part for me.

superboyac:
OK, one more note:
I did a quick search on the lost items, and I found them.  I remembered from the past that sometimes data disappears from a grid, but rarely is it gone from the database.  So, the lost items showed up in the quicksearch.  But in the properties, they appear in no grids, which is weird because I obviously entered them in a grid.  So what causes this to happen?  And how do I restore it back into the proper grid?

As I mentioned, I also entered new items in another grid, and didn't lose those.  However, in the grid where I did lose items, I also remember that I went through the list and also deleted some other items (delete from database, not just the grid).  I'm guessing that that caused something to happen to the grid that made my other items disappear.  So, if that's the case, that's a bug that needs to be looked at.

Now, how do I add the lost items back into the proper grid?  Do I have to move it manually, or can I restore it somehow?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version