ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (90/235) > >>

superboyac:
OK, thanks.  By the way, if I rename the grid, does the field name (the field with the check box) for it get automatically updated also?

PPLandry:
OK, thanks.  By the way, if I rename the grid, does the field name (the field with the check box) for it get automatically updated also?
-superboyac (January 16, 2008, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
No. There is no connection between field name and grid name (this is by design)

superboyac:
-superboyac (January 16, 2008, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
No. There is no connection between field name and grid name (this is by design)
-PPLandry (January 16, 2008, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Then, when I rename a grid, how do I know which checkbox is associated with that grid in cases where I want to include that grid's data into another grid?

Also, a weird thing has been happening with my HTML Pane content the last few days.  The text inside appears in random places.  Like, just now, I got the pane content I wrote in another grid show up in one of the items of my transcript grid.  Something is buggy about it.

PPLandry:
Then, when I rename a grid, how do I know which checkbox is associated with that grid in cases where I want to include that grid's data into another grid?
-superboyac (January 16, 2008, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you show the grid source bar, you'll see the source criteria. If it is a single field, then it's easy, you see items in that field, otherwise, it is all items which meet those criteria. From http://sqlnotes.wikispaces.com/Filtering :
---------
Source takes more than just an Property name, in fact its a filter also. Its the query that indicates what items are selected for the current Grid. For example, instead of just AddressBook you could put AddressBook and Archived is null to only show unarchived contacts.
The reason why Source and Filter are kept separate is so you can keep the Source constant as you tweak the Filter as described above
---------

Also, a weird thing has been happening with my HTML Pane content the last few days.  The text inside appears in random places.  Like, just now, I got the pane content I wrote in another grid show up in one of the items of my transcript grid.  Something is buggy about it.
--- End quote ---
I'll check it some more

Armando:
--- End quote ---

This seems very much like the "bug" I previously mentioned about the html pane (in one of my long posts).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version