ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (36/235) > >>

PPLandry:
PPLandry,

I have installed SQLNotes and fired it up to make sure it was properly installed. However, I have not yet used it. But I am going to guess, based on superboyac's comments that it is using a MVC approach, with the data stored in a DB and the grid (I think that is what it is called) is just a view into that DB. If I am correct, it might be useful, PPLaundry, to explain what that means in term of (not) losing data when you simply delete a view.

Again, just guessing both on the "issue" and that such an explanation would be helpful.
-tinjaw (December 03, 2007, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is some documentation in the wikispace, but quickly, it follows the Ecco concept. Items can have any number of field values. Items exist in the database. YOU choose what to display in a grid. So even if items are not displayed, they still exist. To see all items, set the grid source, filter (etc) to blank. All items in the database will be displayed. Hope this helps

PPLandry:
ok, i got it back thanks.  Yeah, I forgot that I was trying to use that top bar with the filter/sort fields.  So, what's the deal with that top bar?  Whenever I try to use it, I get that bright red status bar on the bottom with some error dialog in it.-superboyac (December 03, 2007, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is actually a key aspect of SQLNotes. It allows you to decide what to display in the grid (and how to sort it). If you like the folder metaphor, it is the folder you are opening to see its content. If you like the spreadsheet metaphor, it defines which rows (from all rows) to display. 4 pieces are ANDed:
1- the source (from the source bar)
2- the filter (from the source bar)
3- the Alpha-numeric filter toolbar
4- the date filter toolbar

PPLandry:
BTW I'm offering free one-on-one phone conversation to help you get going. [email protected] to set-up a convenient time (as in... now if you want!). No obligation of course!

tinjaw:
I think you forgot the "spouse filter". :P  Depending on whether or not the spouse is in the room also filters out what gets displayed on the computer screen.  ;)

PPLandry:
I think you forgot the "spouse filter". :P  Depending on whether or not the spouse is in the room also filters out what gets displayed on the computer screen.  ;)
-tinjaw (December 03, 2007, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
The filter has a toggle button, which can be used to quickly change the grid content if desired   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version