ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SQLNotes...what is it exactly?

<< < (231/235) > >>

tomos:
Pierre has made a post in the InfoQube (SQLNotes) forum
Demystifying InfoQube

IMHO, it is an incredibly simple program. The concept can be summarized as follows:
. . .
--- End quote ---
all we need now is a few beginners to test/see if he has made it all perfectly simple ;)

kartal:
Is it possible to import text files from folders-subfolders and use them as items in InfoQube? I do not want to manually create stuff. I want to import some 800 plain text files into IQ as content.

Armando:
Is it possible to import text files from folders-subfolders and use them as items in InfoQube? I do not want to manually create stuff. I want to import some 800 plain text files into IQ as content.
-kartal (June 19, 2009, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Kartal,
It would probably be best to post that question in the IQ forum. However, all I can say is that it's not part of IQ's philosophy to import whole documents into it but, rather, link them to the database. But... it would probably be trivial for Pierre to add this option to IQ -- just ask Pierre.

PPLandry:
Yes it would be quite easy.

Which brings another issue. IQ HTML pane does not support editing of plain text files (there is a source code editor for the html). Plain text files will get converted to HTML. Is there a need for a plain text editor?  

Of which there is 2 types:
1- notepad type (enhanced of course)
2- source code editor (like the one already included in the VBScript editor) (line numbers, no wrap, syntax highlighting, expand/collapse sections ,etc)

and yes, this discussion may continue on the IQ community web site...

kartal:
-kartal (June 19, 2009, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Kartal,
It would probably be best to post that question in the IQ forum. However, all I can say is that it's not part of IQ's philosophy to import whole documents into it but, rather, link them to the database. But... it would probably be trivial for Pierre to add this option to IQ -- just ask Pierre.
-Armando (June 19, 2009, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Armando, thanks for the reply. Linking would not do any good to me because I probably wont be able to search them. I woulld prefer that IQ would import them then create the topics based on file names.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version