ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Stupid IE question

<< < (3/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
you've probably realised by now Carol but you can have the new tabs open up above the current page you are looking at instead of underneath (in Maxthon).

it's the kind of program you need to play around with pretty much every option in the config to get the most use out of.

i know it took me a while to finally get the settings just how i like them.
-nudone (September 30, 2005, 03:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess there is an option to do this somewhere but I haven't spent the time looking. I get really fed up with wading through pages and pages of options - I know it is nice that programs are customisable but life is too short ...

I think someone once said "there must be a better way of choosing options" .... can't imagine who :-[

mouser:
This is IE 5.  On this computer I'm in a corporate environment and can't change it. 
--- End quote ---

you might mention to your corporate person in charge of not letting you change it,
that running IE 5 is probably an excellent way to open your company to some security issues - i'm not sure but somehow i doubt that IE5 is very secure.

Carol Haynes:
The word sieve springs to mind with IE 5 !!

rjbull:
This is IE 5.  On this computer I'm in a corporate environment and can't change it. 
--- End quote ---

you might mention to your corporate person in charge of not letting you change it,
that running IE 5 is probably an excellent way to open your company to some security issues - i'm not sure but somehow i doubt that IE5 is very secure.
-mouser (September 30, 2005, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

You know that, I know that - but IT are infamous for non-cooperation   :(

m_s, wr975 - many thanks, will check.

rjbull:
Probably you've a proxy server configured. If yes, configure the same proxy server in Firefox.
-wr975 (September 30, 2005, 04:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was the one!  Many thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version