ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Leech Attacks

<< < (4/5) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
Isn't it possible that it's someone who likes the site and the discussion but isn't very talkative or doesn't feel like they have much to contribute to discussions, but still loves reading other people posts, and just wanted to give you a thanks?
-mouser (October 25, 2007, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just curious: Is there any mechanism within SMF for detecting lurkers?  Like statistics for their account showing how many pages read even if they never post, that sort of thing?  I assume there's a cookie or something that shows them as "logged in" -- otherwise they'd be tracked as anonymous visitors, maybe IP address only... right?

If that's the case then it'd be possible to separate the friendly lurkers from the one-time spam posts.

mahesh2k:
Would you like to send them to my chatroom?
--- End quote ---

Oh you think you can handle them? Ok i'll add the address of your chatroom on the site so i can redirect them to u.You can help them but most of the users ask for C++ so if u are comfortable let me know.abt that.

Mouser,its diffrent the way i ask questions and these guys ask.These guys don't need your presence once their problem is solved.

Lashiec:
app, POST the logs after the bloodfest :D

Darwin:
Unbelievable. I am often ticked off by the kinds of posts that you are describing here. As an end-user I find them frustrating and amazing for their authors' rudeness, presumption, and sense of entitlement. Mike - I wish I had a pair as big as your correspondent's!

app103:
Oh you think you can handle them? Ok i'll add the address of your chatroom on the site so i can redirect them to u.You can help them but most of the users ask for C++ so if u are comfortable let me know.abt that.
-mahesh2k (October 27, 2007, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

We have been handling their kind for years.

Some go away without what they came for, but they leave with a better understanding of why they aren't getting what they want and why nobody can or will just hand them instant knowledge.

Some understand and will work for their knowledge...and keep coming back for more help. Once they learn how to learn, they usually do ok for themselves.

Some go on to become helping hands in the channel, providing info & help to others, sharing what they have learned.

We can provide help for a lot of programming languages in English, and in both Italian & English for C/C++ & Linux help. We also help with just about anything computer related...and things not computer related.

And anybody in my channel that does (or offers to do) someone else's work for them will receive a stern warning from me along with an explanation of why they shouldn't. Doing things for them instead of helping them do it themselves violates the help rules.

app, POST the logs after the bloodfest :D
-Lashiec (October 27, 2007, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

There has never been a bloodfest, but there has been an immense amount of comedy over the years.  ;D

Example:
<¨°ºO Blutig O> who knows perl?
<¨°ºO Blutig O> I mean who knows Kernel
<¨°ºO Blutig O> I mean who knows Pascal?
<app> what do you need to know?
<¨°ºO Blutig O> can you advise me a good pascal tutorial
<¨°ºO Blutig O> I wanna learn it
<¨°ºO Blutig O> ru still alive?
<app> http://delphi.about.com
<¨°ºO Blutig O> it's not ok
<¨°ºO Blutig O> I wanna know it without learning
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page