ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Leech Attacks

<< < (2/5) > >>

tinjaw:
In general, if I was responsible for a forum, and one in which it was important for me to spend the time, I would dedicate a some time each day to gardening. For example, that posting from onecore.net that mahesh2k posted, I would delete the body of the post and replace it with a link to a specific paragraph in a policy document (or FAQ) that states why the post was removed. Eventually trusted moderators can take over. I would also add [Editor's Note:] to postings with links to relevant guidance. For example, something like, "When including source code in your posting use the [code][/code] tags for better formatting." and include a link to a how-to document showing a beginner, intermediate, and advanced examples of using the [code] tag.

I think that the number one reason discussion groups, of any form, are useful, is because they provide a filtered/vetted/focused discussion of the topic. Anything that worsens the signal to noise ratio will eventually kill the discussion group.[/code]

Ralf Maximus:
It occurs to me this will always be a losing battle.  These people are not the sort to read posting guidelines, even if the guidelines are thrown in their face as Tinjaw suggests.  The "gardening" is absolutely necessary but only to prevent aggrivation to legitimate users.

A "containment strategy" if you will...

Renegade:
@mahesh2k - You've just proved what I meant in the quote you had. The guy uses all caps with stuff like 'COZ'. That's what I mean by they can't type to save their life. It's relatively easy to pick out the non-English speakers. In that case it's forgiven, but not the laziness.

mahesh2k:
 ;D

oh u got me on that renegade.Actually i made mistake on website by helping some of the readers in their programs.That was the mistake all these comments are result of that help i did few months ago.the guys i helped spread some word about the site and somehow misunderstood that i help others this way.

Hmm i dont know the solution to this problem.

app103:
;D

oh u got me on that renegade.Actually i made mistake on website by helping some of the readers in their programs.That was the mistake all these comments are result of that help i did few months ago.the guys i helped spread some word about the site and somehow misunderstood that i help others this way.

Hmm i dont know the solution to this problem.
-mahesh2k (October 20, 2007, 03:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Would you like to send them to my chatroom?

if your answer is yes...irc.rizon.net  #coderzinc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version