ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

anyone tried the google web accelerator?

<< < (3/3)

justice:
I've removed GWA again unfortnately as I suspect it prefetched links in my wordpress admin section causing at least one page to be deleted by itself. This was after I set GWA to be disabled for this site. I also noticed some AJAX functionality stopped working occasionally. That's not acceptable. I can't rule out wordpress 2.4-bleeding edge however. I'll send this feedback to the GWA team because it did work well.

Hi WebAccelerator Labs,
I just wanted to sent you the reason why I stopped using Google Web Accelerator. There seems to be issues with the combination of GWA and Wordpress administrative pages. I maintain a Wordpress enabled site and as I didn’t want anything unexpected to happen I disabled GWA for this site. However I found that when removing pages (this happens with a regular link called “delete” at the end of a row in a table of pages) occasionally (couldn’t reproduce it) the AJAX call would fail. If I then refreshed the page two pages would be gone. I didn’t get any further ajax call fails when GWA was uninstalled. This was on wordprss 2.4-bleeding edge so this can also be because of a wordpress bug? Are you aware of such issues and if I choose “stop GWA” from the system tray will this have the exact same effect as not having it installed? Then I might be able to use it on sites except this one.

Best Regards,
S.

--- End quote ---
After this, I looked at the help pages and they say any Get request with parameters will not be prefetched which means that it shouldn't delete any pages. I'm not sure how ajax calls are handled however. So this is more of a worry than a definate bug.

f0dder:
Hm, AJAX stuff... I wonder if those use the standard proxy settings, or a direct connection?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version