ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fixed Drive Letters for Removable Drives

<< < (3/6) > >>

anjan_oleti:
Thanks a lot, edbro!

tomos:
Very simple way to handle this: G:\myfavapp\app.exe = \myfavapp\app.exe. Problem solved :)-Ehtyar (October 15, 2007, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

:tellme: ????? (or was it a joke that went over my head ?? :P )

Ehtyar:
Just remove the drive spec, windows will interpret it as "from the root of the drive this program is running off". Why didn't you just try it?

Ehtyar.

suleika:
Bill Castner discussed it in the AUMHA Forums: The Care and Feeding of USB Storage Devices in XP.
-PhilB66 (October 14, 2007, 06:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for this reference, PhilB66.  I have now set up my various usb sticks and drives to my liking, mounted in NTFS folders. 

tomos:
Just remove the drive spec, windows will interpret it as "from the root of the drive this program is running off". Why didn't you just try it?-Ehtyar (October 16, 2007, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

hi Ehtyar,
I wasnt trying to be smart (well maybe I was but I didnt mean to offend) -
in fact the opposite is the root problem :) (being completely ignorant of how to proceed)

I do want to make my usb stick a fixed drive
But while I have no idea what to do iwith "G:\myfavapp\app.exe = \myfavapp\app.exe" -
is it intended for PowerPro as well? I do have PP running... do I make a script with it as edbro suggested?
it probably doesnt suit me cause I use the USB stick for backup -
I dont think I have any programmes on it anymore

[On the other hand if it's as easy as you say I could put a programme on it simply to implement this]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version