ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Personal Movie Organizers - A quick rundown

<< < (5/6) > >>

J-Mac:
I purchased AnyDVD and CloneDVD years ago - lifetime licenses.  And the main reason I use them pretty often is that for copying DVDs, they are about completely self-running.  Now authoring my own DVDs, I use a number of applications - any and all that will make the cuts, blends, menus, transitions, etc. smoother and nicer looking.  But for pure copying, it's so repetitive that I don't want to spend any time at all in setup; those two just do it. Simple as that.

Jim

downe:
All my movies is very good software. It has big covers and movie screenshots. Only lack - gets poorly information about movie, from imdb.

Carol Haynes:
DVDFab Platinum is pretty good and completely automatic transfer of DVD5 to DVD5, DVD9 to DVD9 and DVD9 to DVD5.

You just put the disc in, put a blank disc in a second drive and click GO. Then go and have a cup of tea.

It will also produce standard Video_TS folders on the hard disc or ISO files ready to burn.

On top of that you can split DVD9 between two DVD5s (keeping menus etc), just copy the main title etc. Also you can encode DVD content for use in a range of MP3-type players (including iPod and Zune as well as generic formats).

OK it isn't free but it is very simple to use!

J-Mac:
Sounds similar to CloneDVD.  Except I can stop and configure which sound tracks I want, or titles to remove, etc. Then I can save it to my hard drive, if I choose, as an avi or Video_TS. AnyDVD just decrypts it on the fly, and streams it to CloneDVD as it transcodes it.  All invisible to me. AnyDVD strips the keys out and passes it to whatever burner software you use.

It's just too easy to use it for me to instead use a free copy program. Plus, I bought years ago when it was very inexpensive (not that it's that high now), and it is a lifetime license. They have remained true to that so far.

Jim

maxic:
Why nobody mentioned All My Movies?
Am I alone with All My Movies here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version