ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Auto-capture A Window Each Time The Window Changes/Updates - Screenshot Captor

<< < (2/2)

cvbusa:
Example of window I would like to auto-capture on change/update is below ... small window filled with various types/sizes of text boxes that all update together every 2 or 3 minutes.

cvbusa:
Finally got around to reading the help file and playing with MiniCap.

I wrote a little batch file to have MiniCap capture a specific window to the same save directory as Screenshot Captor & then exit.

The result if successful, is that I will use MiniCap.exe to auto-capture a specific window when that window changes and can then use Screenshot Captor to review/edit all of the captures.

I am now exploring how to use the "eventtriggers" feature ( eventtriggers.exe - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490901.aspx ) built into Windows XP and Windows 2003 server to  trigger MiniCap.exe ( in a MyMiniCap.bat file ) based upon a specific event(s) that occurs in the Windows event log(s).

The combination of all of this should allow me to create a neat little automatic way to capture a specific window each time that window is updated or changed.

MyMiniCap.bat file :

"\Program Files\MiniCap\MiniCap.exe" -captureappbyname "BloodPressure-VitalSigns-Display.exe" -customdate "$Y$m$d-$H$M-0$S" -save "\Program Files\ScreenshotCaptor\Screenshots\Screenshot-$customdate$.png" -exit

Still working on creating the onetime  eventtriggers.exe command that will create the process that monitors the event log(s) and then triggers MyMiniCap.bat file to run but it should look something like this:

eventtriggers.exe /create /tr MyMiniCapTrigger /I application /eid xxxxx /tk "\Program Files\MiniCap\MyMiniCap.bat"

Later ... Charles

"http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490901.aspx" - eventtriggers.exe FAQ

Euler:
Hi

I also need a feature like "Automatic capture when window changes".

To make it even more powerful I suggest:

It should be possible to decide a part of the screen – “fixed selected region” - in which changes are monitored constantly by Screenshot Captor.

Example. Maybe you have a window which is updated constantly with lots of different information (like the hospital-example above) - but you only want “autocapture” if a specific part of the screen changes - for example information in the "region" that shows PULSE.

This means - even if the screen changes in other regions/areas  (and the information in the PULSE-area is constant) no new capture should be done.

Sorry if my English is not OK (I am from Sweden) - hope you understand anyway.

With kind regards - I love the program - very useful!

Henrik

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version