ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Use scroll lock LED as hard drive indicator

<< < (5/6) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
EDIT: For spelling :-[
-wreckedcarzz (October 19, 2007, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Still, "attached" is misspelled :P eheh
-jgpaiva (October 19, 2007, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

You have GOT to be joking... :o :-[ :P ;D :-[

Waxhead:
That leaves me with DriveGLEAM that has way too much overhead involved just to intercept the
hard drive activity.
-wetsmellydog (October 16, 2007, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, I'm the author of DriveGLEAM. How can you justify this? exactly what are the overhead? are you experiencing slowdowns? if so please enter a bugreport here: http://forum.dirtcellar.net
DriveGLEAM is one of the fastest free (and non-free for that matter) software HD LED indicators available. If you are still running on a 100mhz pentium you can set the pollrate if neccesary.
Just compare DriveGLEAM with other simmilar tools and check the resource usage by your self.
...as you can understand this post really provoked me and I just had to blow off some steam ;)

Cpilot:
You know when you get right down to it the AHK script is just a pretty light, but is in no way a reflection of HD activity.
It basically lags behind just about any other HD activity monitor, mine included.
Some languages are not up to monitoring system activity, it's nothing to be ashamed of, sometimes you have to accept the inherent limitations.

BigJim:
Wreckedcarzz: Thanks a squillion for doing that for me. I appreciate the effort. Unfortunately, as Cpilot says, it doesn't work. I've tried it on three machines (2x XP Home and 1x XP Pro) and the light activity bears little if any resemblance to the HDD light on the tower. Worse, it screws up the function of the other lights.

I presently trying FloadLED on one machine and it seems to be working fine. Will give DriveGLEAM a try, too.

Thanks again to all. I love this place!   :D

wetsmellydog:
That leaves me with DriveGLEAM that has way too much overhead involved just to intercept the
hard drive activity.
-wetsmellydog (October 16, 2007, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, I'm the author of DriveGLEAM. How can you justify this? exactly what are the overhead? are you experiencing slowdowns? if so please enter a bugreport here: http://forum.dirtcellar.net
DriveGLEAM is one of the fastest free (and non-free for that matter) software HD LED indicators available. If you are still running on a 100mhz pentium you can set the pollrate if neccesary.
Just compare DriveGLEAM with other simmilar tools and check the resource usage by your self.
...as you can understand this post really provoked me and I just had to blow off some steam ;)
-Waxhead (October 19, 2007, 09:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Waxhead,

I apologize if I offended you or your program!

Maybe the term "overhead" was used in the wrong context.

I am looking for a simple program to just blink the scroll lock LED without any other features.

I appreciate programmers like you who work hard to put out quality programs for free. I have tried your program and found it to work as you have stated without any issues on my computer.

Again I sincerely apologize if you took offense to my statements.

WSD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version