ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PocketPC or Palm?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Armando:
do you really need a computer for that?? sometimes the best solution is a notebook (paper)

Just a thought, of course I'd like one too lol
-Grorgy (October 12, 2007, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

for scheduling, contacts, todos, projects, etc., I moved away from paper for coherence and safety purpose : you can have multiple backup of your data (lost my paper PIM once and was very sad...), and it's easier to have data on my computer, ready to be searched, etc. Since I spend my days on my computer and since today’s' software (like desktop search tools, PIMs, etc.) are so powerful, it just doesn't make sense to use paper anymore -- for me, of course.

Josh:
I am with you armando. My wife doesnt understand how I can justify spending money on this device when I can just use a notebook. To me, with the amount of stuff I add/delete each day, A portable organizer like this makes far more sense. Anyways, Does anyone else have any input?

cranioscopical:
I am with you armando. My wife doesnt understand how I can justify spending money on this device when I can just use a notebook. To me, with the amount of stuff I add/delete each day, A portable organizer like this makes far more sense. Anyways, Does anyone else have any input?
-Josh (October 13, 2007, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use an old Palm (IIIxe).  Keeps track of my life perfectly well.  Fits in a shirt pocket.  Uses over-the counter AAA batteries available just about anywhere I go.  Been using computers for a long time but this is a different animal.  Mind you, I have no need for more than basic calendar, notes, contacts.  Don't want web, e-mail, applications -- have other tools for that stuff.  No view on whether Palm/PocketPC is better.

Ralf Maximus:
Many cell phones have these kinds of features along with qwerty keyboards.  Maybe contact your cellular provider and see if you're due for a phone upgrade?

Armando:
Many cell phones have these kinds of features along with qwerty keyboards.  Maybe contact your cellular provider and see if you're due for a phone upgrade?
-Ralf Maximus (October 13, 2007, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just be careful with these : a friend of mine called an important client at 3am by mistake. I don't know if it these mistakes are common, but they're not fun... (depending on how you look at them, of course)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version