ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Text Editor

EditPad Pro and Inaccuracies in Reviewing Generally

(1/4) > >>

srdiamond:
This review is indeed in depth, but I think it a bit cavalier about inaccuracies. Other readers have pointed to some of these, but I think inaccuracies may be particularly prevalent with regard to the ability to use the undo function past the save point. Edit Pad Pro has this capability, and it is not obscure or otherwise inaccessible.

The review advocates discarding text editors that fail to implement 'undo' in thorough fashion. I think this is good advice. But when a reviewer gives this factor such weight, it behooves that reviewer to demonstrate 100% accuracy with respect to classifying the supposedly inferior product.

(I am a very satisfied user of EditPad Pro, but I am in no way associated with the company.)

mouser:
it's so hard to keep these reviews up to date and 100% accurate.  i will amend the description of editpad pro.

mitzevo:
i will amend the description of editpad pro.
--- End quote ---
mouser, you might as well completely update the official review, a lot of stuff is outdated. I've said this many times, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen any time soon (also talking about the other outdated official reviews). Until then people will just keep complaining about them being inaccurate.

mouser:
A completely new revamped donationcoder review system is in planning stages.  No point discussing it now but it is coming sometimes in 2008.

Darwin:
In fairness, the review date is prominently displayed, along with the date of the last update to the review, in the left hand pane of each review. The version numbers of the applications considered in the review are also displayed - what's the problem? Complaining about inaccurarcies in a two year old review is daft, in my opinion. This is not aimed at you, mitzevo (you're right about people complaining); I just don't understand why people keep complaining about the reviews when they are clearly out of date. This just smacks of intellectual laziness and is symptomatic of the culture of instant gratification that we live in...

In a perfect, utopian world the reviews would be updated to reflect point change releases and major upgrades of each app reviewed. In the real world, this is an unrealistic goal. They'll get updated when they get updated. Until then, it's clearly stated when the review was done, when it was last updated, and what versions of the apps were at when reviewd. Why complain, it's not like they're being passed off as cutting edge?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version