ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Timer based on real time

(1/11) > >>

wetsmellydog:
Yes another timer problem.

I work at a hospital and have to chart the patient's vitals every 15 minutes after surgery. This has to be done at 15 past the hour, 30 minutes past the hour 45 minutes past the hour and on the hour.

I need a timer that will sound a user chosen wav file (some sounds can be irritating to recouping patients so one that is tolerable has to be used) on the 15's, display a user defined message that will only go away after acknowledgment and continue counting happily away without user intervention. That is it will alarm at the next 15 even if the message is not acknowledged.

Most timers will not auto continue after sounding an alarm and if the timer is started at 10 after the hour, will not alarm at 15 past but at the preset countdown time.

The only way this can truly be done is to be tied to the computer real time clock.

Any takers?

Thanks!

urlwolf:
Hi wetsmellydog,

Welcome to the site.

I'm working on a program that will do this easily, although it's designed for other purposes. It's called interruptron.

I still have some bugs to iron (lots actually), so I cannot say when it'll be ready.

wetsmellydog:
Thanks for the welcome urlwolf.

I would be happy to help alpha/beta test your program. Just let me know if I can help out.

Cpilot:
OK, if I understand some of your requirements, I wrote this little script that sits in the tray and counts the quarter of the hours.
It pops up and sounds a user selected wave as an alarm and flashes. It will continue to alarm every 15 minutes.
I'm a little fuzzy on the "user defined" message though.
If you could expound on that it would help.
Anyway here's what I got so far.

wetsmellydog:
Cpilot,

I ran your program and it worked as advertised. I was even able to change the wave file used.

What I am seeking with the user defined message is that the popup box have a user defined message i.e. I could put in "Time to check temp" or "time to chart" and the box displays the text when the alarm sounds.

Thanks again, this is a great time saver for me just the way it is!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version