ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Total Text Container (PIM)

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
You wrote this, mtirnanic?  Whoa.  Impressive indeed.

app103:
Its a freeware application. Thats all there is to it :Thmbsup:
-mtirnanic (October 10, 2007, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sourceforge is for open source projects...meaning you have to have an open source license and provide the sourcecode for the application. It is part of the agreement all developers have with Sourceforge that allows them to have their projects to be hosted there for free.

Wordzilla:
Yes, mtirnanic, but I have to agree with app on the GPL license. It is, after all, how your program is licensed.

Tekzel:
Its a freeware application. Thats all there is to it :Thmbsup:
-mtirnanic (October 10, 2007, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sourceforge is for open source projects...meaning you have to have an open source license and provide the sourcecode for the application. It is part of the agreement all developers have with Sourceforge that allows them to have their projects to be hosted there for free.
-app103 (October 10, 2007, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Plus, if a project owner pulls a Jimmy Hoffa and disappears, there is a procedure for someone to step up and take over the project if I remember correctly.  Which is nice for popular projects that really shouldn't die because the lead loses interest.

mtirnanic:
Thanx Ralf Maximus.

The application is still in its beta stage but I'm hoping to get this app to be a completely stable application.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version