ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Replace Windows XP's Icons

(1/3) > >>

tinjaw:
I have been screwing around much of today instead of getting work done.  :-\ This is doubly bad, as I took a vacation day from my real job to get this work done.  :-[

So, I will make this post and then get back to some real work.

I downloaded StyleXP and found a few themes I like. Now I would like to do a complete replacement of the all of the standard system icons in WinXP. I assume there is a program to do that which is STABLE and has good support of the artists within the customization community. Can you folks help me out with some links?

thanx

Grorgy:
I've never had any trouble with Stardocks Icon packager, It seems to work OK with stylexp, when I tried stylexp, icons were about the only thing i seemed to get right  :-[  anyway if you head to www.wincustomize.com you will find a lot of icon packages and so on there.  Also a browse through deviant Art could be wotyhwhile, they have a lot, and with other programs to apply them.  have fun

Darwin:
+1 for Icon Packager. I've used it in the past without any trouble whatsoever. You can change your icons from default to whatever you want and back again without worrying about corrupting your default settings. Of course, YMMV!

app103:
I have always used Microangelo to change mine. It comes with a nice set of icon libraries and you can use just about any icon library or .ico file with it. (or make your own with it)

Microangelo Toolset 6 comes with Microangelo On Display, for free.

Ralf Maximus:
2nd that: Microangelo rocks.  It's a nice combination of integration without taking over the system.  I have about 2/3 of my icons replaced with nary a glitch.

Also, the icon editor is quite nice for non-professionals like me.  (I've heard at least one UberArtist complain that it's a toy.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version