ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Strange customer...

<< < (5/12) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
Mmmm, doesn't feel like a scam.  More like the guy's new to programming-for-hire and kind of fumbling around.  You'll know more when you get his response to your email(s) and your revision to his contract.

cranioscopical:
It's embarrassing to think that this is all a scam, considering the effort it took to meet his requirements.
If it is a con, then it's the oddest one I've ever come across!-John2k (October 09, 2007, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's probably not a scam but it' also better to be safe than sorry.
As others here have pointed out there are better and more professional ways to achieve what your potential client requires.

Good luck, I hope your efforts result in a good, mutually-beneficial relationship!

Darwin:
It's probably not a scam but it' also better to be safe than sorry.
--- End quote ---

Agreed. A little paranoia in the cyber age is definitely a good thing (well, not a bad thing, anyway). Like Chris, I hope this is the start of something that benefits both you and your client - maybe you two will have a good laugh about it in years to come  :Thmbsup:

John2k:
Just to update, the customer has not contacted me since I refused the passport details, which was 2 days ago.

Looks like everything has turned sour.  >:(

Ralf Maximus:
Or, he's reviewing his options.  Give him a few more days then politely inquire.  Asking to verify that he received your last communication is safe enough in this age of spam filters and whatnot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version