ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Managing projects with OUTLOOK

<< < (4/8) > >>

Armando:
Got some news concerning "Action Project Manager". See first post. Project should go live in a week if everything goes well.

Curt:
A pitty, the line 118 error, as I would imagine 4Team to be a fine affordable solution.
-Edit2: maybe you should try to close the firewall and install on top / again?

I think the number of tasks / subtasks / subprojects are unlimited:

- if this was what you were afraid might be missing?

Armando:
Thanks for your answer, encouragements, and... nice screenshots, Curt.

The error 118 is probably VBA related, but I'm not a programmer, and have less and less time to tinker as we approach December.

Yes, the number of tasks / subtasks / subprojects might be unlimited, but, how many levels (if any) can the software accommodate (I'm talking about "nested" tasks hierarchies here). This is what I meant by : "a bit too basic, maybe, as it doesn’t seem to allow nested sub-tasks (hierarchies of tasks)."

edit : Classic example (taken from the nice todolist, which I don't use because of a lack of Outlook integration and palm syncing) :

TomColvin:
Armando, keep an eye open for version 2.3 of Essential PIM Pro.  If you are willing to manage projects is a tree outline form, it may work for you.

Once the new version is out [by December at lastest], I expect to use it as a Getting Things Done manager.  I'll be doing a rather full review of the system I expect to work into the software.

Essential PIM Pro also sync's with Outlook.

Tom

Armando:
Thanks Tom! I'll check that out.
I think that SQLNotes will also be a very interesting option when it's ready. (I wonder when will the first release candidate be launched though. Maybe not that soon.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version