ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

MiniCap, Please Help

(1/3) > >>

bgaraventa:
Hello, I've been trying to capture the web page at
http://gallery.gutterstar.net
 but cannot capture the entire scrolling image of the page using the command line feature. I have had no problem getting it to capture and save an image to file. However, when I don't use the ScrollCap option, only the visible part of the image is captured, and when I use the ScrollCap option, the image of the page keeps looping over and over again, causing the image to be about 4mb as a jpg, and containing the same thing over and over within the image. If you could help me find a way of reliably capturing pages with large numbers of frames (which I think is causing the problem), I would really appreciate it.

Thank you, and best wishes,

Bryan Garaventa

mouser:
1) there are some nice web page specific capture tools nowadays which may be better suited for what you want.  I know there are some firefox and ie plugins that might be good.
2) i think there is also a web service that will create a screenshot of a long web page also.
3) minicap hasn't been rebuilt for a while -- if you really need minicap, could you first try my screenshot captor program and see if that works on it -- if so then at least i know that my existing code can do it.

laughinglizard:
There is an extension for Firefox called Pearl Crescent Page Saver.
It will take a screen shot of a whole page, part of a page, etc.

http://pearlcrescent.com/products/pagesaver/

There is a Free and Pro version, I use the free version and it works fine for what I use it for.
Its creates a .png image of the web page.

Otherwise, I use Mouser's excellent Screenshot Captor.

bgaraventa:
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out ScreenshotCaptor though.

Does ScreenshotCaptor have commandline capability? Such as MiniCap does?

My problem is that I'm totally blind, and am unable to use the mouse to navigate a visually oriented application such as this very successfully.

This is why the MiniCap application is so useful. The commandline capability, combined with the ability to pass a window handle to capture the current browser window, is easily integratable with any accessible scripting language.

I'm currently working on a project for SSBBartgroup.com, which is an in-house application that will automate our module creation process. Modules consisting of the saved out source code for a given page at runtime, the JAWS For Windows virtual buffer content (which is a screen reader for the blind), and the active screenshot for the page (which MiniCap would be perfect for implementing).

MiniCap really is a great application.

Is there a way for me to simply give ScreenshotCaptor a url to http://gallery.gutterstar.net in order to test the output? I could have one of my sighted coworkers verify the result if so. I chose gallery.gutterstar.net because I know how complecated it can be to capture, having put the sight together years ago.

Thank you again, and have a great day.

Bryan Garaventa

mouser:
I tried scrolling capture via screenshot captor on the gallery site and it failed -- i think the applet with the animated picture is mostly responsible.  So if Screenshot Captor is failing so will MiniCap i'm sorry to say.

Let us know if/when you find a program that will capture it successfully.  Definitely try the browser plugins, i think they have the best chance of working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version