ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Autoreplace in clipboard

<< < (2/5) > >>

TucknDar:
you could even use this AutoCorrect AHK script to check and "fix" the clip: http://www.autohotkey.com/download/AutoCorrect.ahk

This sounds like something mouser's Clipboard Help+Spell is designed to do, though. But I don't think it (currently) has this feature

rjbull:
This sounds like something mouser's Clipboard Help+Spell is designed to do, though. But I don't think it (currently) has this feature
-TucknDar (October 07, 2007, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not running CHS on this computer, so can't check - but CHS allows you to add your own filters, so you could use something like a SED script or one of the command-line search and replace tools.  This won't be completely seamless, as the OP seems to want.  You'd have to pop up CHS's main window and choose the filter, but, that method allows you as many search and replace pairs as you want.

If you want seamless, take a look at Clippy - you need the beta - one of its operations is given as

Name: Search and replace
Description: Replaces all occurrences of a string with another string.
Number in ini file: 28
Parameters: search string, replace string

--- End quote ---

Don't know if that's only one string or whether you can define multiple strings.

Boxer Software's TextMonkey is in similar vein, but more powerful; it comes in both payware and cut-down freeware versions.  Search and replace is a built-in function.  It allows up to four search-and-replace pairs.

lanux128:
as mentioned earlier, this can be done in Autohotkey, here is a sample..

• Clipboard cleaner

mouser:
rjbull hit the nail on the head with CHS method, just in case you are interested:

* CHS doesn't have a way to auto-apply formatting every time you copy something to clipboard per se, BUT you can do it all in one step!  Just select the text in question and then trigger the text formatting preset (rather than copy first) -- see more detailed instructions below.
* But what it will do is let you create+configure a whole bunch of different custom search+replace/reformat/etc presets and show them on a quick pop-up menu for you to apply to text you have just captured while you paste it.
* It comes with some of these text formatting presets that do things like convert the case of the text just copied.
How to use text-formatting preset in quickest way:

* Select the text in question wherever it is
* Bring up quick-popup menu in CHS (ctrl+alt+Q by default)
* Choose the Text Formatting preset submenu (hit T)
* Choose the text formatting preset to apply (you can create your own ones from the CHS main window)
* Text will be copied, formatted, and pasted back
This "one-step" process is actually very useful in doing things like converting a line of text from one case to another, etc.

Jabberwock:
Thanks for the tips...

For now I am trying out Clippy, which work fine except two minor details (no regexp and you have to hit a shortcut to change, which is sometimes bad, but sometimes good...).

When I have more time I'll try the AHK script I have described.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version