ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do you archive/store your downloads (mainly install files)?

<< < (7/10) > >>

wraith808:
I picture is worth a thousand words....

Anyway, I don't leave raw executables sitting around on my drive. They are always archived. This give much more protection against damage in the event of a malicious virus.
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Nighted (October 07, 2007, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

What is this nifty software in your picture?

Dr-Leech:
I just save installers in a folder install software and when I've some time I delete a bunch of installers.
I'm too lazy.

tymrwt33:
Save every downloaded program in a "Downloads" folder. When it gets to be aroud 500-600MBs I put it  on a CD and start again. Having software even two or three years old, particularly freeware saves a lot of trouble. You can search the web of course but sometimes that can take a long time.

PhilB66:
I picture is worth a thousand words....

Anyway, I don't leave raw executables sitting around on my drive. They are always archived. This give much more protection against damage in the event of a malicious virus.
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Nighted (October 07, 2007, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

What is this nifty software in your picture?
-wraith808 (October 15, 2007, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like Windows Explorer addons - QT TabBar and FindeXer.

justice:
I thought of archiving downloads but they're always such an unassorted bunch of files, and with two pcs at home one will always be connected to the net if the other one fails.
I've never ever resorted back to an older version,however i tend to keep a copy of downloads of purchased software now because they tend to charge if you want to download it again *grr*.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version