ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

program to block internet access of a certain file/program

(1/2) > >>

crazyfabiboy:
Hey there,
as the topic already tells, I'm searching a program which allows me to block internet access of a certain file.
I don't want a full firewall, that's just too much. All I want to do is to restrict some programs from time to time from connecting to the internet.

Do you know such a program?

Best Regards

f0dder:
I don't know of any such apps, although running in a virtual machine (vmware, virtualpc, whatever - perhaps some of the sandbox apps as well) could do the trick. But that would be heavier on your system, and more bother, than just getting yourself a firewall.

Lashiec:
NetLimiter?

Veign:
What do you have against a firewall? 

What you are asking for is what a firewall is for, from what I can tell.  With a firewall you will get a clear picture of what is trying to connect (and what it trying to come in) and gives you full control over how and when it connects.

This is a free firewall that I use and like:
http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

mouser:
i agree with veign -- what you are asking for is a firewall.. you may be able to find a program that does an ok job of just what you want and not other more general things, but i wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt less efficient and buggier than a true firewall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version