ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there a way to directly write notes onto the Windows desktop?

<< < (2/7) > >>

edbro:
How big of a note? If not too big then simply RightClick - New Text File and then create your note as part of the file name.

Is there a way to directly write notes onto the Windows desktop?

You might have to click on the icon to see the full text. You can even be creative and use a blank icon.

Curt:
Is there a way to directly write notes onto the Windows desktop? -masu (October 07, 2007, 07:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
.. if you use sticky notes ..-TucknDar (October 07, 2007, 08:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

- as TucknDar said: NoteZilla > Create Note > (Settings) > send note to desktop:

And what's more: the note will stay on the desktop, even after a PC restart!  Edit: - and you can combine the note with a reminder - popup, or a sound track! :up:

jgpaiva:
Maybe this would solve your problem:
Desktop Notepad - Desktop Notepad is a tool which displays the text on your desktop wallpaper. It is user-friendly but feature-rich tool. Now you can write down reminders or work plans and you will see them on the screen. Desktop Notepad can be used to streamline your note-taking. Move your mouse over Desktop Notepad text and the tool will 'wake up' and display its transparent and resizable window.-http://desktop-notepad.digital-estate-systems.qarchive.org/
--- End quote ---
see http://desktop-notepad.digital-estate-systems.qarchive.org/

Darwin:
I *think* masu wants something that will allow him to type text directly onto the desktop without having to open a new note. Kind of like setting off a big part of the desktop as a scratch pad? I was going to suggest Notezilla myself but for an awesome FOSS alternative look no further than Stickies.

Lashiec:
Installing Vista! ;D. There are quite some apps like the one Darwin mentions. I swear we ever have a thread discussing them... let me check... em, no, we have some isolated threads discussing specific programs, but not a cumulative thread. Anyway, you have the option of NoteZilla and Gizmo mentions a couple of options in his website. I've used ATnotes in the past, and liked it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version