ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Software Copy Protection Questions

<< < (8/8)

Ehtyar:
To be honest, I'm less interested in hearing about this in a blog compared to receiving some feedback from you as to which solutions mentioned so far you're liking and for what reason. If you just wanted a massive list of all protection schemes i imagine Google would have been a better place to look.

Ehtyar.

tinjaw:
To be honest, I'm less interested in hearing about this in a blog compared to receiving some feedback from you as to which solutions mentioned so far you're liking and for what reason.-Ehtyar (October 04, 2007, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be the content of the blog entries as I use the stuff.

If you just wanted a massive list of all protection schemes i imagine Google would have been a better place to look.
-Ehtyar (October 04, 2007, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wasn't looking for just a list. I was looking for a prescreened list with plenty of critiques of items listed. For example, product x is inexpensive to purchase but takes five times as long to implement as the others, while product y only does this one thing, but is best of breed, etc.

rssapphire:
But that is not what I wanted to discuss in this thread. Ranting about how software protection is a load of shit, isn't answering my question.-tinjaw (October 04, 2007, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

It wasn't so much a rant about the evils of software protection (I don't even think it is evil in general, just often very poorly implemented), but making the point that one important (and often overloaded by programmers, IMHO) part of selecting what software protection a game is going to use is knowing the specific market the game is going to target so the target market's tolerance for software protection hoops to jump though can be factored into the decision.

Ehtyar:
I wasn't looking for just a list. I was looking for a prescreened list with plenty of critiques of items listed. For example, product x is inexpensive to purchase but takes five times as long to implement as the others, while product y only does this one thing, but is best of breed, etc.
-tinjaw (October 04, 2007, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
It is obvious, to me at least, that what you're asking for is not going to be found here, particularly given that the majority of developer regulars on this forum are freeware developers. What you're asking for also fails to take into account the point that rssapphire makes, that your solution will need to be, at least to some degree, tailored to your situation, a topic upon which many solutions have been put forth.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version