ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need Help Identifying a Program

(1/2) > >>

icekin:
I am not able to uninstall a program because I can't identify it. It shows up when I middle click the title bar of any application and produces an 'mac expose' like effect showing me a screen with all open windows. Also shows up when I middle click the task bar.

I have used Autoruns to identify starting processes, but can't seem to find the program doing this. Currently, I use Pitaschio, Strokeit and taskbarshuffle, but its not any of them because I have tried disabling them from startup, yet this effect persists.

I would appreciate any clues from fellow users as to which programs do this.

jgpaiva:
There are several programs out there that can do that.

Assuming it isn't running under a service, please download [http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/processesandthreads/processexplorer.mspx]process explorer[/url], run it and select file->save as... Then attach that file to a post here, so that we can see which processes you have running (if you don't have problems with that).

Dirhael:
I going to take a wild guess on that you have Microsoft's Intellipoint mouse drivers installed, correct? Yes, they copied Exposé and called it "Instant Viewer"...and embedded it in their mouse software ;)

lanux128:
yes, that's the one.. there was some discussions here about Exposé clones..

• Switcher2: Expose Clone (Window Arranger) for Windows

icekin:
Many thanks Dirhael, that was the one! I just upgraded to Intellipoint 6.2 yesterday and this stared. I managed to disable it from the mouse settings in the control panel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version