ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Good Article For Beginners On Version Control (w/ Pictures & Examples)

<< < (3/4) > >>

nevf:
I wrote "Get up and running with TortoiseSVN and Subversion in 15 minutes." a while back which will be of interest to folks starting out with SubVersion.

mouser:
Oh that's excellent nevf!  Very nice  :up: :up: :up:

tinjaw:
Yes, nevf, very nice. I have sent you a few credits for this. Thanks.

jandi:
Speaking of FileHamster, does anyone here actually use it for day-to-day work?
-Mandork (October 19, 2007, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tried.  I really really tried.  Seemed like an ideal, easy solution for my MSc Thesis.  But given that it creates copies at every save, and that I am a compulsive saver (habit acquired from long time use of MS Word for sensitive documents that cause the program to crash precisely when you have not saved your work), I was not too happy with the tons of copies generated every day.   I decided to take the time to learn SVN (well, I'm using TortoiseSVN on a local repository), and am quite happy.

tinjaw:
But given that it creates copies at every save,
-jandi (October 22, 2007, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

FYI: There is an option (look at the files properties in FileHamster) for TimeDelayBetweenRevisions. This will limit how often a file is saved if you save often and don't want saves from every minute. The description of the option is "Specifies an artificial time delay between revisions limiting the number of revisions that can occur during a specified time period."

I decided to take the time to learn SVN (well, I'm using TortoiseSVN on a local repository), and am quite happy.
-jandi (October 22, 2007, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad to hear that another person has joined the cult learned to use Subversion.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version