ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EverNote beta 2.2.0.372 has some nice new features

<< < (10/20) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I have been reading this somewhat nonplussed too! Like other commentators here 2.2 will be the last version for me if that is what they are thinking. Oh well it is still in beta - hopefully they will get the message before version 3 is released.

If they are arguing they want portability why don't they simply make Evernote Portable better.

If they want to allow notes to be shared with friends and colleagues why not just set up a way to post your shared message on a simple forum with access controls (like this one!) or link it with a collaboration tool like Live Messenger so that you can have a shared folder for friends to access.

For me the whole point of Evernote is that it is a simple and low resouce method of making notes and grabbing bits of info. I realise they see the need to 'innovate' but following the herd into Facebook is not innovation!

tomos:
sounds like a Dilbert scenario - new CEO takes company..eh..somewhere completely different..

J-Mac:
a sad day by the sounds of it...
was there a link to go with that Jim ?
-tomos (March 20, 2008, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Take another look Tomos - I fixed it; not sure what happened last night. Oh well... it was late!!

Jim

Darwin:
I find it really discouraging that the developers/company reps have ignored the issue on the Evernote beta forum - other issues raised in the thread Jim pointed us to, and others, have been addressed, but they've been silent about local databases and the online focus of the new version (other than to keep touting the virtues of an online focus) :o

TucknDar:
boy, makes me happy I decided to go with OneNote2007. Do so many people really want online-dependent apps? Weird. I guess the next step will be smaller hard drives included in computer, yet more ram :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version