ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WPS: the best replacement of MS Office, free for none-biz

<< < (3/14) > >>

xbeta:
I can fully understand all the followings:
 - Chinese language is really hard to learn or just to read for many people.
 - Most popular software produced in China also has a English version, such as Maxthon, FlashGet, NetAnts, Orbit Downloader ...
 - But WPS is a little different. And nobody else except the KingSoft Compnay, has the ability or time to provide a language pack for it.

So, my friends, you have to wait for the officail English verison to use this great (maybe) software.

muntealb:
There are versions of OpenOffice localized in various languages by teams of volunteers. The time and ability to translate an office suite exists already, including from chinese to english. If the developers of Kingsoft Office want their software translated all they have to do is to provide language files and a method to compile a localized version of their software, just like OpenOffice did ( http://l10n.openoffice.org/ ). But of course if it is provided for free, otherwise I doubt there will be enough volunteers willing to work unpaid for the translation of a commercial product.

Darwin:
Heh, heh - xbeta, I'd forgotten to mention that THE most used software on my computer is Chinese - Maxthon  :-* I wish I could remember where I read about WPS, but if memory serves, reviewers felt that even without English language support it was the best alternative to Office (for anyone - English speakers included), which is why I was so keen to try it. As I stated earlier, at the time I  couldn't find a download link that worked, so never tried it. I'll be watching for the availability of an English language.

zxcvbn:
I think that if China is going to move into this sort of market - and surely they will/are/already have ? - it will throw a "whole new light" on the discussion about Microsoft's market domination.  Wait for news about Microsoft et al "outsourcing" and setting up shop there !

rob wood:
The English version of WPS called Kingsoft Office has been released and it's free.
Go download it at http://www.kingsoftresearch.com :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version