ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for an E-Mail Client which can be run on an USB Stick

<< < (6/7) > >>

Curt:
... it is too big for my USB Flash Drive so the install fails leaving those apps that were installed unusable because the final part of the installation sets up the program menu and start files. -Carol Haynes (September 30, 2007, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, Carol, but I simly could not understand how this can be. Isn't the size meant to fit a floppy; 1.4 MB? How can you have a stick [Edit: Flash Drive] that smal??

Carol Haynes:
My Flash Drive is 256Mb - and unpacking the suite (using the installer) filled it completely - and then some.

Curt:
Sorry!  :-[
- I was confusing apples with pears ... Floppy Office with PortableApps Suite! BTW, the new Floppy Office ZIP is 1.87 MB, so I cannot see the unzipped collection fit a floppy anymore.

npopuk:
nPOP or its UK cousin, nPOPUk-lanux128 (September 25, 2007, 05:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for mentioning nPOPuk.  (It's open source, by the way!) v2.08 was released on Monday 1 October 2007 and offers a lot of new features.  Still only a 136kb download (for Win32) with versions for almost all other Windows-based machines around (PocketPC etc.)

As mentioned here already, nPOPuk is included in the Floppy Office package, (It's replaced nPOP) but it may take them a few more days before their package is updated.

Greg Chapman
http://www.npopsupport.org.uk
Supporting nPOPuk - the Portable E-Mail Client.

rjbull:
As mentioned here already, nPOPuk is included in the Floppy Office package, (It's replaced nPOP) but it may take them a few more days before their package is updated.

Greg Chapman
http://www.npopsupport.org.uk
Supporting nPOPuk - the Portable E-Mail Client.
-npopuk (October 02, 2007, 02:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah haaa... the former moderator of BATPOWER_UK puts in an appearance...   8)

Greg,

Is nPop one of the ones that leaves the mail on the server, and you have to deliberately specify particular messages to be saved to disk, as opposed to something like TheBat! which saves everything in a database?  The no-save keep-it-on-the-server idea is sensible for a portable application, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version