ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

[Webfind] How to kill a dragon with various programming languages

(1/2) > >>

gjehle:
There's a beautiful princess, prisoner in the highest tower of a castle, guarded by a mighty dragon, and a fearless knight must rescue her…

This is how each language would manage to rescue the princess from the hands of the dragon

* Java - Gets there, finds the dragon, develops a framework for dragon anihilation with multiple layers, writes several articles about the framework… But doesn't kill the dragon.
* .NET - Gets there, sees the idea of the Java developer and copies it. Tries to kill the dragon, but the monster eats him.
* C - Arrives, looks down at the dragon, pulls out his sword, beheads the dragon, finds the princess… And ignores her to see the last checkins of linux kernel cvs.
* C++ - Creates a basic needle, and gathers funcionality until he has a complex sword that he can barely understand… He kills the dragon, but gets stuck crossing the bridge because of memory leaks.
* ... click here for the rest of the extensive list
--- End quote ---

http://blogs.sun.com/roumen/entry/how_to_kill_a_dragon

steeladept:
Funny!  I am not even a programmer (though I occasionally play one at school, when I go), and I still find it hilarious. ;D

Lashiec:
Classic. There's another version involving different rock styles. Now if I could find an English translation...

Deozaan:
I like the Videogame Programmer one and the one in the comments about Perl. :-D

mitzevo:
The perl one was pretty good from one of the comments ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version