ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR v2 PLUGIN CREATOR (SDK/API) INFO THREAD

<< < (2/3) > >>

nitrix-ud:
Mouser, do you even read my posts ?

mouser:
i replied to Okke's before i saw yours..

nitrix your idea is not a bad one at all, especially in the case of using the dosearch command.  in fact it would be pretty easy to add support for this with the dosearch command, which is a good idea and i should probably do anyway.

however it's not an ideal situation for when you want users to be able to manually specify modifiers, and some aliases may want to handle them differently than others.

Okke:
@nitrix: lol, think Mouser has his nitrix filter turned on still ;)

No problem Mouser, take your time.

Just to summarize the possibilities that would be really nice to have:

- make it very easy to distinguish between FARR specific options and program parameters
- be able to handle the modifiers with plugins, all of them or partially which means "+folder_music" could be handled by the plugin for instance, "+mp3" scoring by FARR
- maybe even the ability to let the plugin change the modifiers that are used? (would probably be more complicated)
- let the plugin have access to all the FARR options. Specifically the SearchFolders, Pattern Scoring and such
(less of a priority since I can easily load %APPDATA%\DonationCoder\FindAndRunRobot\FindAndRunRobot.ini and get the values from there if needed)
- being able to use modifiers on alias/plugin results. (For instance use locate to return a subset of 500 files which FARR filters afterwards with "+folder_music")

There are also some options in the plugin framework I'm clueless about when to use them and what they do precisely. Trying as much as possible with
trial and error to figure things out but I'll probably get stuck on some items :)

In the meantime I'll just try and find some workarounds.

nitrix-ud:
 :D i was afraid you had me filtered out !

--- ---nitrix your idea is not a bad one at all, especially in the case of using the dosearch command.  in fact it would be pretty easy to add support for this with the dosearch command, which is a good idea and i should probably do anyway.

however it's not an ideal situation for when you want users to be able to manually specify modifiers, and some aliases may want to handle them differently than others.
it is true that when using dosearch, nobody will really care about the length of what you type... which is a different story when using the search box directly...
i suggested not so long ago a second box next to the search box which would be the parameters box

using "dosearch" FARR parameters (+action, \STAYOPEN, etc.) would be clearly identified
and when using FARR search box, you would just tab (if tab autocomplete is unchecked) to go to the FARR parameters box ... (or click into the box) no need for "+" or anything else
one could imagine that there would be some kind of autocompletion like gmail (no need to remember the name of the modifiers... and much faster)

one other suggestion i already did was to better identify "folder modifier" from "action modifier", this is because it's pretty easy to run into problems...
for example if you give the same name to an action and an alias
or if you give the same name to an action and to a folder modifier...

i know that "+" is short and nice (though i do not like it... it is not direct on a laptop), but there are maybe other alternatives...

Keep up the good work, i guess there are just too much those days ;)
Cheers, Nitrix

PS: oups, i forgot, it would be really really nice if one non-programmer like me could access as much information as possible to use it in a autohotkey script...
would it be hard to put informations into a standard window edit box, all those information presented one after another ??

--- ---searchbox = my search
resultlist = result1,result2,result3
statusbox = statusbox  text
lastactivewindow = ...
etc.

as an example, i would love to have those information to be able to build a preview window for many of my aliases and in particular for my code snippet alias
you search for code snippet, autohotkey is triggered by the search box content (in my example : s keyword)
you select a result, autohotkey loads the content of the file... into a nice semi-transparent window... awesome  ;D

mouser:
Updated info with link to vitalyb's C# plugin code.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version