ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Acronis True Image OR maybe not ???

<< < (7/7)

tomos:
I must say I'm fairly disappointed with True Image's interface --tomos (November 01, 2007, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

the thread about new Acronis Workstation got me looking at this again

this Post is either a complaint or I simply havent figured out this programme yet :-\

if I do a manual backup:
actually I'm just after doing one, was overdue :)

and I counted:-
After opening the programme
I have to go through TWELVE panes before clicking on the final "Proceed"
Excluding files that were previously excluded: FOUR clicks for each file, more if not previously excluded
"Settings" - I have to set each time, there's ELEVEN "pages" of those in the settings tree to be adjusted.
There's no obvious way to save all this for the next manual backup (incremental).

In fairness I've only skimmed the help file.
If this possibility is there, well and good, but they could make it a bit more obvious

If it isnt there, all i can say is WTF  :tellme:

it's possible the solution might be to schedule a backup, deactivate it and then reactivate it manually when required ?
I havent scheduled anything cause I prefer doing it manually (but not because of all that above :P)

Carol Haynes:
tomos - can't you just set up a scheduled job (at the bottom of the window) but rather than schetting a schedule time just choose run manually later and then when you want to run it you just click on the job and hit run ?

tomos:
tomos - can't you just set up a scheduled job (at the bottom of the window) but rather than schetting a schedule time just choose run manually later and then when you want to run it you just click on the job and hit run ?-Carol Haynes (November 30, 2007, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes,
I'll try that-
that's what I was thinking here
solution might be to schedule a backup, deactivate it and then reactivate it manually when required ?
-tomos (November 30, 2007, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

to give it a bit of context:-
I was posting after reading in the other thread about "bored programmers" at Acronis adding bits & pieces..
and was thinking here's something they can sort out/make more user friendly.
It's minor but when you're using the programme for the first time it's a pain to have to dig so much to figure this basic stuff out

Curt:
just For The Record

I noticed in Chip (german) computer mag
that Avanquest's Perfect Image 11
get's tops of a short list of best-of "Image-Programme"
-tomos (November 01, 2007, 12:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just won a license for Avanquest Perfect Image 12, over at Ghacks' Christmas giveaway, so I am pleased to read that at least version 11 once was considered good; it makes it likely that my version 12 also is fine. I was of course a little worried that Perfect Image never has been mentioned here at DC, except for these two posts!

Carol Haynes:
The biggest issue with Avanquest is that most of their products seem to be adopted from other companies. Updates are few and far between once they have the Avanquest badge on them and usually even minor updates cost (eg. Powerdesk 6 to 7 is an almost imperceptible upgrade - really a bug fix - and yet it was a paid upgrade). I bought and used AutoSave 2 from them years ago and there hasn't been an update in the last couple of years (even though Vista and 7 have been released) and yet they are still selling it - and it isn't as though it is bug free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version