ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CDBurnerXP 4 released

(1/5) > >>

Lashiec:
Well, it seems September is really bringing a whole new batch of major software updates. This week is the turn for one of the best freeware burners out there, CDBurnerXP (which, as you see, it's dropping the "Pro" suffix). Three years have since passed since last time this burner was updated, and after a long developing phase, which resembled Duke Nukem Forever as various rewrites and a new focus of the project happened in between. It seems to be worth the wait, as the developers wrote new burning components from scratch, bringing the application to modern times in terms of optical media support, and fixed some MAJOR bugs which really were a hit to the usability of the last stable version (one of them almost prevented data burning, as it didn't recognize folder nesting). Some things were dropped from the project as well, like the option to tag your media files (very slow, anyway) and audio ripping, though they said that they probably make a comeback as separate applications. Also, there were some other changes that won't please everybody. First, support for Win9x OS has been dropped. Second, it uses .NET Framework 2.0, although there's a way to avoid installing the complete package which is detailed here. The list of changes:

- Support for new technologies like Double layer DVDs, Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs
- Internationalisation (i18n): Support for multi-byte characters on discs and translations of the program
- Support for FLAC audio files
- disc-to-disc copy for audio and data
- Save discs and compilations as ISO file
- Support for WPL playlists
- XML based project files for interoperability
- fixed many bugs of 3.0.116 and 3.5

--- End quote ---

CDBurnerXP 4 released
They've redesigned the site as well, though the help file is still outdated, and they're looking for volunteers. So, if you're up to the task, ya know where you should head :)
via File Hippo (yeah, yeah, I know, I should use other sources ;D)

nudone:
excellent.

wreckedcarzz:
Cool, hope it works with Vista now.

Carol Haynes:
Says it is Vista compatible.

It also says you can verify disks - anyone know how? I am burning ISO images with it but there doesn't seem to be a verify option.

Lashiec:
Yes, but it verifies data after burning, it can't verify burnt disks on demand. In the 'burn disc' dialog, check 'Verify Data After Burn'. If you want to verify disks, I suggest you to use Nero InfoTool, which is free as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version