ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Equivalent to Foldershare?

<< < (4/5) > >>

cmpm:
There will still be a free one.
If you use the beta.
It will remain active.

That's why I posted the link!

In fact the beta users will be given 4 gigs since we tested it.
And I expect it will stay that way. But we shall see, huh.

cmpm:
Their recent newsletter,

It’s hard to believe only a month has gone by since we sent out our first newsletter. Summer has arrived and BBQ season is in full swing. Despite the California sun, a lot has happened over here at Syncplicity since then! Let us get you up to speed.

After three months, we’ll be shedding the Beta label and releasing a final version of Syncplicity on July 28th. It’s been a long time coming!

And just in time for the iPhone launch, you can now access your files on the iPhone at https://m.syncplicity.com.
Pricing

We unveiled our final pricing. It’s based on your feedback from one of the most hotly debated topics on our forums. We think you’ll like it.

A free version of Syncplicity will always be available! While the version has certain limits, it’s perfect for casual sync users. It lets you sync two computers and starts off with 2GB*.

The paid version is now only $9.99 a month. It lets you sync and backup as many computers as you like and starts off with 40GB. Get the details here.

You can add more space if you’d like. Refer friends and get your free account up to 5GB and your paid one up to 50GB!

Love it? Hate it? Let us know on our forums!
Web apps on your desktop

And finally, our best for last. You can now open and edit files in popular web applications straight from your desktop. Scribd, Zoho, and Picnik are the perfect companions for your documents and photos!

Syncplicity doesn’t just sync your computers. Our latest update lets you open and edit your documents and photos in free web applications without ever leaving your desktop. See how.

Preview any document in Scribd. Edit any document in Zoho. And tweak any photo in Picnik. Syncplicity makes it easy by syncing your changes right back to your computer.

This could be a reason you finally give web apps a chance!

The Syncplicity Team
[email protected]

* If you were one of our early Beta users before June 30th, your free account starts off at 4GB and paid one at 50GB. Thanks for all your help!
      Login Now

Invite a friend to Syncplicity
Share Syncplicity with your friends. Send a personal invitation through our invite page.

Give us feedback
We love feedback and can never get enough. Send more our way!

Stay up to date
Get the latest news through our blog, Twitter, or FriendFeed.

yksyks:
Thanks, cpmp. You made me study in more depth the details. I managed to dig out the most important piece of information:

Free: Free forever. Allows up to two computers, 5 revisions per file or 30 days of previous revisions (whichever is less), up to 10,000 files, and 2 GB of storage. The free account expires after 60 days of inactivity.
--- End quote ---

Well, that's not bad. It depends on your type of work. I'm working with large files for professional printing bureaus, so even the paid 40 GB would be questionable, provided I could afford it.

Anyway, I realized only now that Syncplicity works completely different from FolderShare--it's a remote backup and versioning system, too! On the other hand, what I like about FolderShare is its ability to create peer to peer connection, so when I'm at home when both my laptop and desktop are connected to the same LAN, the syncing process runs at the full speed of LAN.

cmpm:
For syncing between computers I use the free version of GoodSync.

http://www.goodsync.com/download.html

Although the Pro may be auto sync this version must be done manually.
And of course no size limit.
You have to set your syncing folders to share in order for it to work on a network.

But I do use syncplicity between two computers, cause I can.
It monitors in real time any changes and it's fast, but slows if you are runnning other programs giving syncplicity a backseat to whatever you are doing. But it is still syncing till it's done. Even if the computers are shut off and back on, it will resume automatically where it left off.

Then there is XDrive from Aol that can do syncing.
It's a 5gb capacity for free. Not sure about between computers though. I haven't tried it.

I'm not interested in Microsoft products for this kind of thing.
Though they have them, they dump a load of extra files on your computer with their 'Live' stuff. My experience anyway.

yksyks:
In no way I could be considered an advocate of Microsoft products, but FolderShare does its job silently, quite reliably and nothing else. (Besides, it was not originated in Microsoft.) It lacks a lot of features, but for the price it's a real bargain.

Thanks for other useful links.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version