ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Brand new web-based live text chat channel interface -- try it!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Same error ...

I changed my forum ID to include the space when you first made me a moderator but now you have changed the rights I have so I can't remove the space again. Can you do it for me (simpler than fiddling with the code).

Actually looking at my profile my username doesn't have a space - it is just my display name. I still can't change it though! If that is the problem can you just remove the space in my display name. (Out of curiosity why can I no longer change this myself?)

Wordzilla:
Carol, go to http://irc.mrcody.com/, pick your fav nickname and join us!  ;)

app103:
I know what the problem is...

Adding 'dc' to the beginning of names creates the possibility of a name beginning with 'dcc' which efnet will not allow because they think it is a 'dcc bot' (file server bot used for distribution of warez & crap)

Maybe if your script can detect when someone enters a name beginning with 'C', and it could insert an underscore before it to separate it from the 'dc' prefix...that could fix the problem.

mouser:
great detective work app!

mouser:
try now carol.

nevermind -- i reverted to old java-based chat interface until we can resolve some of these server problems we are having today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version