ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you launch stuff?

<< < (20/27) > >>

tomos:
I use the Jet Toolbar to launch my programs and browsers and find that having it at the top is the most convienient way to access it.  I also have it so it appears when moused over.  I find it to be very quick and convenient.
-deberett (October 03, 2007, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/jettoolbar/features.html

Voice Recognition

jetToolBar supports any SAPI-compatible speech recognition engines, and includes Microsoft Whisper speech recognition engine by default. You can enjoy voice recognition if your computer has sound card and microphone. To launch program, simply talk the name of the button.so do you actually talk at your computer ? :tellme:  :)

tinjaw:
I use the Jet Toolbar to launch my programs and browsers and find that having it at the top is the most convienient way to access it.  I also have it so it appears when moused over.  I find it to be very quick and convenient.
-deberett (October 03, 2007, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/jettoolbar/features.html

Voice Recognition

jetToolBar supports any SAPI-compatible speech recognition engines, and includes Microsoft Whisper speech recognition engine by default. You can enjoy voice recognition if your computer has sound card and microphone. To launch program, simply talk the name of the button.so do you actually talk at your computer ? :tellme:  :)

-tomos (October 03, 2007, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Somebody could get their fifteen minutes of fame by mashing up some footage from Star Trek where Scottie talks to the computer mouse, and some screencasts of people using voice-to-text software. I am thinking Star Trek meets Strong Bad meets YouTube

Armando:
What we need now is a careful mega review of all these launchers with a comparison table! ;D
-Armando (October 03, 2007, 12:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Tinjaw's Pico-Review of Launchers

FARRRoxDirectAccessRoxEverything ElseSux
Yes, Tinjaw has had one too many energy drinks before 09:00. OK, maybe two too many.  :P
-tinjaw (October 03, 2007, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is exactly what I was waiting for!

ravenlaughs:
RemoteKeys
Also my password shooter and clip assistant and....
I made a NoteTab clipbook for making RemoteKeys pop-menus LOL

RUNit (Link may not work, but the proggie still does) I stick this into other people's computers - ones I work on often - so I can access my own tools without confusing or scaring anybody ;)

Free Commander

A few other small things, launched from RemoteKeys when I need something that isn't in it.

On RARE occasions, I right-click my rather bare desktop to get a minimal version of the Windwoes start menu.

tinjaw:
What we need now is a careful mega review of all these launchers with a comparison table! ;D
-Armando (October 03, 2007, 12:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Tinjaw's Pico-Review of Launchers

FARRRoxDirectAccessRoxEverything ElseSux
Yes, Tinjaw has had one too many energy drinks before 09:00. OK, maybe two too many.  :P
-tinjaw (October 03, 2007, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is exactly what I was waiting for!

-Armando (October 03, 2007, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Since edbro has pointed me to Dash, I have to revise my review.

FARRRoxDirectAccessRoxDashooooh shiny *Everything ElseSux* I am evaluating further.
Stay tuned for an update.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version