ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you launch stuff?

<< < (18/27) > >>

edbro:
Tinjaw, I take it that you haven't tried Dash??? My favorite of the bunch right now.

I did try Executor last night but it looks like it doesn't search for programs. You have to manually set an alias for each program. That might not be the case because I didn't try it for too long before deleting it.

My must have in a launcher is for it to index and launch my Firefox bookmarks. Both FARR and Dash do that nicely.

sri:
tinny, did you try the free Phrase Express. I am curious to understand why you would pay up for DA when you can have Phrase Express for free.

tinjaw:
tinny, did you try the free Phrase Express. I am curious to understand why you would pay up for DA when you can have Phrase Express for free.
-sri (October 03, 2007, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hadn't looked at Phrase Express, however, after taking a peek at it, I still prefer DA. First of all I view DA as both a launcher and an auto-typer. It looks like PE is focused on being an auto-typer. I like the GUI to DA and I like the support that it receives from the developer and the way the "corporation" behind the software acts. DA has many bells and whistles that make it easier and more of a pleasure to use.

tinjaw:
Tinjaw, I take it that you haven't tried Dash??? -edbro (October 03, 2007, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. Link please.

sri:
DA does look better and its GUI scores over PE. But PE is equally good/fast once you familiarize yourself w/ it. I use PE not just for expanding text but for launching programs and websites as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version