ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you launch stuff?

<< < (17/27) > >>

JaneDC:
Great!

Can you do it Armando?

rjbull:
You could use the Locate32 Plug-in for farr -- no more waiting since everything is indexed, if you wish.
-Armando (October 02, 2007, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

At some point you have to update Locate32's index, though.  You can do it on demand, but I run it twice a day via the scheduler, a tip originally from BrotherS I think.

rjbull:
I prefer Executor. It works like launchy/FARR/Slickrun.
-[deXter] (October 02, 2007, 09:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

The configuration set-up screenshots make it look complicated.  How do you compare it to FARR and SlickRun?  SlickRun, at least, looks comparatively simple on the surface.

Also, I see Executor has "limited functionality" on Win9x which I still use at home   :(

Armando:
Great!

Can you do it Armando?
-JaneDC (October 03, 2007, 02:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, it was more meant as a joke... But surely could be done if 3-4 people teamed up. Unfortunately I'm a bit short of time right now. Maybe in a few months.

A wiki would be handy for these types of reviews. (It has been suggested in the past... I think the idea was  abandoned for some reasons...)

tinjaw:
What we need now is a careful mega review of all these launchers with a comparison table! ;D
-Armando (October 03, 2007, 12:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Tinjaw's Pico-Review of Launchers

FARRRoxDirectAccessRoxEverything ElseSux
Yes, Tinjaw has had one too many energy drinks before 09:00. OK, maybe two too many.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version