ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you launch stuff?

<< < (11/27) > >>

rjbull:
Martin Aignesberger - author of WebSite Watcher, Local Website Archive, AIM-Notebook, AM-Deadlink, and very generous friend of DonationCoder - has just released Portable Start Menu, a freeware launcher for USB sticks:

Portable Start Menu is a simple and free start menu application that can be installed on USB sticks or local PCs.

Organize your programs in a simple menu system and launch them via a tray icon. If you close Portable Start Menu on an USB-Stick, running applications can be closed automatically, too.

Main features:

* Organize and launch applications via a tray menu
    * Closes running applications on USB-Sticks automatically
    * Checks if an application has been changed before execution
    * Runs on USB-Sticks without leaving any traces on a host PC
    * Portable Start Menu is Freeware

Additional functions on USB sticks:

* Create an autorun file to automatically launch Portable Start Menu
    * Close running applications when you exit Portable Start Menu

How to install Portable Start Menu on an USB stick:
Simply run the installer and enter the drive letter with setup directoy of your USB stick (for example K:\PSMenu).

Portable Start Menu 1.0  -   25-Sep-2007  -   1 MB

System: Win9x/Me/NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista
License: Freeware

--- End quote ---

arnold1:
I've been scrolling true this topic but there was no mentioning  of Hidden Menu.
You can download it here: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hiddenmenu.html
This is freeware, only 373kb and very convenient to use. So I can recommend it for starting everything you wish, whit only 1 mouse click.

arnold1  :Thmbsup: :D

rickdob:
I tend not to use the mouse to launch things, since I find the keyboard to be so much quicker.  I've tried almost every launcher program out there for almost 2-3 months apiece (Launchy, Slickrun, FARR, etc.) and have found Keybreeze (www.keybreeze.com) to be about the best there is.  I haven't found anything that does as complete of an indexing of programs and as well provides an easy way to add custom commands.

Armando:
I'd never trade my farr for keybreeze.  ;)

Grorgy:
Hmmm an awful lot of them aren't there  ;D  I'm using FARR, I haven't discovered many of its uses yet, its mainly a program launcher for me still, and I dont understand these aliases or regex and all the techie mumbo jumbo  :-[ , looking forward to the packs when that is all set up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version