topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Opera: I do love you, but I do believe someone should get fired  (Read 6008 times)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Honestly, I love opera, like most people here. It's my main browser.
But I cannot understand how it is plagued by 'lack of features' that are so simple to implement that are embarrassing.

My main pet peeve is the stupid plain text clipboard.
Could we have, at least as an option, a clipboard that works like 99% of the applications in the real world? No? Why not?
This is not technically difficult, I guess it's just the caprice of someone at the developing team.

Most Opera users here have one pet peeve that is just driving them crazy. Some users here (the most knowledgeable on the web) went the extra mile and just didn't use Opera because of that.

After years of monitoring/posting in the forum, I have to say that this is corporate stupidity. Great ideas flowing in that forum, left and right. Most of them ignored. Opera is a 'pointy-hair boss' company, I'm afraid to say.

They bless their users with the best broswer on earth, but the curse them with capricious features that are never there. I think they are condemned to a marginal market share forever. And they did it to themselves.

Honestly it saddens me to see so much potential wasted away. And I'm a longtime user, since Opera 5.

They need better direction, better marketing, beter common sense. I don't want to point fingers, but someone (maybe an entire team) in that company has to go.

My 2 cents.

dantheman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Be good if you can!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Opera: I do love you, but I do believe someone should get fired
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Mr. Wolf,

I've always gone to Opera as my second non-IE choice for lack of features but this latest Alpha has a few things going for it and according to the info available through this link, it seems they have a few more tricks up their sleeves.
http://www.opera.com...oducts/desktop/next/

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 11:58 AM »
it's true though,
tricks are all well and good
but
if you don't sort out (some of) the basics...
Tom

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 03:33 PM »
Ya know, the board of directors wanted to fire Opera's CEO, and Jon von Tetzchner fired them ;D