ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How much RAM do you have on your PC?

<< < (9/16) > >>

Cynic:
I believe I have them in dual channe, in CPU-Z's Memory tab, Channels # indicates "Dual", and the reported latencies are equal to the slowest pair (5-5-5-18, whereas the new pair is rated 4-5-5-12).
I had the first pair in dual channel (on same coloured slots) prior to the purchase, so I added the new pair in the empty slots.

Lashiec:
Well, then it's supported. If problems arise, though, you know what may be the culprit :D. For your peace of mind, MemTest86+ running a whole night could be a good idea.

lanux128:
a non-related question: can i mix PC2700 DDR RAM with PC3200 DDR? both are 256MB..

Lashiec:
Yep, the only issue is that the the PC3200 stick will run at a lower rate to match the one of PC2700, but apart from that no problem (unless things changed since I ran sticks of RAM with different speeds). Apply the dual channel caveats mentioned above (just for precaution) and you'll be safe.

lanux128:
ok, thanks! going to try out now.. if i don't come running to you again, consider everything went fine.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version