ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How much RAM do you have on your PC?

<< < (4/16) > >>

katykaty:
4 GB - though I'm on XP so only get 3.25. But at the prices these days why have less?

cranioscopical:
4 GB - though I'm on XP so only get 3.25. But at the prices these days why have less?-katykaty (September 17, 2007, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

My thought exactly, though it was a little frustrating at the time of purchase :)

Armando:
But at the prices these days why have less?
-katykaty (September 17, 2007, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Depends where you live and how much you earn...

Carol Haynes:
4 GB - though I'm on XP so only get 3.25. But at the prices these days why have less?
--- End quote ---

There is no reason why you should settle for 3.25 Gb of your 4Gb on Windows XP. I posted a number of articles in another thread about WinXP memory management which says you should be able to use the full 4Gb. You may need to set a boot time switch though (although I think it is default).

Some motherboards restrict memory access so it may not be a Windows fault - but losing 0.75 Gb seems a bit excessive which makes me suspect this in't the problem here.

katykaty:
--- End quote ---

There is no reason why you should settle for 3.25 Gb of your 4Gb on Windows XP. I posted a number of articles in another thread about WinXP memory management which says you should be able to use the full 4Gb. You may need to set a boot time switch though (although I think it is default).

Some motherboards restrict memory access so it may not be a Windows fault - but losing 0.75 Gb seems a bit excessive which makes me suspect this in't the problem here.
-Carol Haynes (September 17, 2007, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's because the 4GB limit is the maximum of all memory. That includes a bit for system stuff and the graphics card memory. And my graphics card has 512MB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version