ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Size of Download in Firefox??

<< < (3/3)

Ehtyar:
I did install it (though reluctantly). You misunderstand, it is not the fault of the plugin itself, but the fault of its method of operation. In gathering the headers as it does, it tricks certain webpages into thinking that you followed a link that you really didn't, and thus causes undesired results. The plugin actually works just as advertised, just has nasty side-effects.

Ehtyar.

Lashiec:
Firefox is ridiculously extensible. The only thing capable of being even more ridiculous is the same extensions. You can brand the "About" window with the FC Barcelona football team (W-T-F), you can transform the browser in a file manager (!) and you can know the water level of German rivers (!?), but you can't (or no one is bothering to do a extension for that) show the size of a file in the f******* download dialog. This is one of the things that made me rant the other day about the ludicrous state of Firefox addons, anyone can make the most stupid extension ever and have it hosted in the official site (!?), but when it comes to real needs, you're all alone >:(

OK, after the angry rant, I'll simply say that I have searched back and forth the web and didn't find anything else. If someone finds or codes something, I'll give him/her a cookie ;D. Either that, or we'll have to wait 'til ¿Firefox 3?

EDIT: I think I've found a solution to use the Opera addon I talked about earlier. There's this extension for Firefox, Launchy, that lets you launch any element in a web page in an external application. What's more, it lets you define your own programs using an XML file, you can find the details at the extension webpage. Read the FAQ of the other addon to see how it works with Opera, as you can use the same commandline (I think you won't need any arguments, only the path to the addon), and let me know if it works :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version