ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

MSN messenger update or DIE

<< < (2/3) > >>

Lashiec:
Don't worry, it's already obfuscated. Thank God we have reverse engineers :)

f0dder:
Don't worry, it's already obfuscated. Thank God we have reverse engineers :)
-Lashiec (September 16, 2007, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Obfuscated or just no public specs? Big difference.

And yeah, thanks god there's reverse engineers that aren't as lazy busy as me :P

Lashiec:
No public specs (did Microsoft publish something like that in the past?) and little documentation from "alternative sources". The maintainer of the MSN plugin said that every feature of MSN8 took some time for him to implement, but that was in May... I think the MSN protocol is at version 15 now. Oh well... at least it doesn't support winks, that's a BIG plus ;D

f0dder:
I think there was *some* MS documentation or integration available for MSN in the past, at least I remember something about an article some guy (who I think was a MS employee?) wrote about interfacing with MSN...

IMHO there's a big difference between having a closed protocol, and trying to keep that protocol obfuscated... SKYPE would be a good example of an obfuscated protocol. What about miranda and similar projects? At least they have source :)

Lashiec:
Ah, OK, now I understand what you're saying :). The Wikipedia sheds some light over the issue of the protocols. Let's see what the imminent Miranda 0.7 brings to the table in terms of support for the protocol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version