« on: December 23, 2007, 10:01 PM »
Also check out Notetaking Software Roundup #1
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
but explorer still runs in the background doing various other (mysterious) things that explorer does
eBoostr™ allows you to use an additional drive (flash memory or hard disk) as another layer of performance-boosting cache for your Windows XP®. There is no need to purchase a Vista upgrade to get the benefits of the Vista’s ReadyBoost® technology. With the newly developed eBoostr™, the booting of your OS and applications startup get much faster thanks to the smart caching mechanism.
* Vista’s ReadyBoost benefits on your Windows XP® machine;
* Smart caches frequently used applications and files for maximum performance speed up;
* Supports both USB and non-USB removable media devices, as well as additional hard disks;
* Allows up to 4 devices for simultaneous smart caching;
* Cache file size of up to 4GB on each device;
* Compatible with all ReadyBoost® ready devices.
The eBoostr™ trial version has no time expiration and you can evaluate it for as long as you wish. However the product demo is fully functional only for 4 hours after each system boot. This will allow you to evaluate the product and estimate how it performs on your configuration.
Until Wednesday, December 31 2008 Slysoft offers a 20% discount on all software products--except upgrades. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of Slysoft's products, now is the right time to act!
As of January 1st, 2009, Slysoft will change its update policy from free lifetime updates to an annual subscription fee. All license purchases made before January 1st, 2009 will not be affected by this change; as promised, all licenses purchased before 2009 will still be honoured under Slysoft's free lifetime update policy.