- 635 (0.195 per day)
- Personal Text:
- Mostly harmless
- Date Registered:
- May 18, 2012, 10:04 AM
- Local Time:
- April 16, 2021, 07:45 PM
- Last Active:
- May 09, 2017, 05:47 AM
- About me:
- I am an aspie (someone with a neurological disorder called Asperger's Syndrome). If you're not familiar with the term it means I have a neurological abnormality, considered an Autism Spectrum Disorder, called Asperger's Syndrome. Understanding computers and software comes easy to me, people not so much. In the words of Temple Grandin, it's like being an anthropologist on Mars. When you respond to my posts please try to keep the following in mind.
- I'm not making things more complicated than they are. My brain simply fails to filter out details that yours probably ignores unconsciously. Chances are my post is already a significantly streamlined version of my actual thought process. I don't learn facts. I learn systems and patterns. It's not better or worse. It just is and it's not going to change.
- If I appear to be misrepresenting your point entirely it probably means I didn't understand what you meant and I'm talking past you. Alternatively I may have understood perfectly but I'm having a hard time translating my thought process. We could be using the same words but speaking a completely different language.
- Sometimes my responses may appear dismissive or rude. If you don't tell me I'll probably never know. Send me a PM if that happens and try to be direct. If you hurt my feelings I'll get over it.
- I learned to say the pledge of allegiance
Before they beat me bloody down at the station
They haven't got a word out of me since
I got a billion years probation
- The MC5
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ''crackpot'' than the stigma of conformity.
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr
It's not rocket surgery.
I recommend reading through my Bio before responding to any of my posts. It could save both of us a lot of time and frustration.
- Support this member
Make a donation to this user.
Send a personal message to this user.