Here is the app. FastUnzip Snack. There is no settings dialog or anything. Just install and it will associate to ZIP files (may add more by request). Then just double click on a ZIP file and it will extract to the current folder as a sub-folder of the ZIP file name. So if you have a Zip file called MyZip.zip, it will extract to a folder called MyZip. Once extracted, the folder is opened.
For now that is all it does, but I may add other features.
Maybe adding a settings box that gives an option to show a popup menu when double clicking a ZIP to Extract Here or Extract to sub-folder.
Any other ideas?[EDIT]
Updated to add comments from TaoPhoenix
This turned out to be a really sweet app IMO.
After install you will get a settings dialog (see attached image) that will allow you to:
- Set the file associations (supported file types are ZIP, RAR, 7z, TAR, CAB)
- Set an Open With application to open archives (used when FastUnzip Snack is disabled or popup menu is used)
- Disable FastUnzip Snack (must have an Open With application set)
- Use a popup menu before extraction (see attached image)
You can also open the settings from Start > FastUnzip Snack > FastUnzip Snack Settings
- Added a refresh after extraction
- Added sub menus in popup menu to allow delete and move w/o having to set in the settings dialog