so, here's a list of software directories and my personal opinion about them :
Very good and old web scripts and software repository site with a lot of paid promotional opportunities such as :
- being reviewed by one of their editors for $500 (example : http://www.hotscript...inout-search-engine/
- promote your app in the subcategory or category listed for a price which differs from category to category (e.g php category is one of the most expensieve )
- other advertising options may be seen at : http://www.hotscript...m/pages/advertisers/
- you can get rated and gain a better exposure if you place their rating widgets on your web site or on the sites of your friends : http://www.hotscript...pages/getting-rated/
- download.com offers a variety of paid services to address your business needs. visit this url to see all of them : https://upload.cnet....2706-21_5-973-4.html
- I created a ticket to ask for a review and I didn't receive an answer from their support. I was curious about their rates. I also visited this page created on August 9 2009 : http://forums.cnet.c...2549_102-352970.html
and visited that software page which asked to be reviewed and there's no review there : http://download.cnet...=forums06;msg3096241
. Maybe the software didn't qualify or it was too expensive.
- definitely worth it being listed on this website. they review very useful software free of cost but I'm not sure how big is their queue of software to be reviewed and I also don't know how big is their team to handle them. You don't want your version 1.01 to be reviewed when you're ready to launch version 6.0
- they award many software with these awards : http://www.softpedia.com/awards/
(they also used to have 100% Safe and Secure Award by Softpedia which is not listed on this page)
- developers can also advertise their product(s) : http://www.softpedia.com/advertise/
They write software reviews and they also have a wide area of promotion opportunitied such as PPD - pay per download, featured listings and nice giveaway website at brothergiveaway for a better promotion of your software.
- a very old website but it seems they write 1 or 2 reviews per month... so I bet you'd be number 1 000 000 000 in the queue (reviews page http://www.soft32.com/sl/64-1-5-0-1.html
- they (I mean "we"
) are a small team of people who try to write reviews, articles, tutorials, polls, frequently asked questions and we also take interviews to software publishers we consider as being famous (I already posted about what we do here : https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=23440.0
- publisher profile page : http://download.famo...publisher/fineprint/
- software listing page with review : http://download.famouswhy.com/fineprint/
- article about Fineprint: http://articles.famo...anding_application_/
- polls: http://www.famouswhy...nload/fineprint.html
- questions: http://ask.famouswhy...Print_questions.html
- interviews: http://download.famo...er/wot_services_ltd/http://download.famo...com/publisher/iobit/
- this is a good website to submit your software to and they also write reviews (http://www.filecluster.com/reviews/
) to the most useful software.
there are many others but I think these are more than enough for software submissions and reviews. if you know more it would be great if you could mention it(them) here to make the list bigger.