A tool to bypass the hash check and output the result of the decryption would be perfect. The results of that will at least help narrow down the problem. Unfortunately I don't have an "original" copy of the file anymore from the XP 32 system. I backed up the system before I started, then I installed Win7 on top of the hard disk in the system. Then I restored all my files from the backup (backed up to a large external drive), then created a brand new backup of the freshly installed system. After about a week, once everything was working fine, I deleted the old backup files from that final backup of the XP 32 system because all my files were intact and I was already running on my new backup set. So, the only version of the file I have is one that has been manipulated by Win7 64-bit, but NTFS is NTFS, so I can't imagine how it could be the issue. If I have some time over this coming holiday weekend, I'm going to try to recreate the problem, but a tool that will bypass the hash check and decrypt the file will certainly help. Thanks! Love this little program, by the way! Never had any issues until this.